RESIDENT AND FAMILY INFO ON COVID-19
34th Edition – October 1, 2020
Dear Residents, Family Members and Loved Ones,
We are pleased to announce the implementation of procedures which will let you, as well as any family members and loved ones who so desire, receive our INFO COVID bulletin. We feel that communication remains our greatest asset in living harmoniously together in these difficult times. Please note that if warranted by the particular situation of a specific residence, a special INFO COVID may be published and distributed only to that retirement home’s contacts.
We invite you to provide your email address to your residence’s management.
Most of our retirement homes are located in zones currently designated either as orange or red, and specific guidelines apply. Despite such restrictions, we are pleased to note that the applicable measures are not hindering your outings, as long as you show no sign of COVID, of course. It is quite feasible for you to go out to get your groceries, drop by the pharmacy, have a medical appointment, etc. The only restrictions about going outside involve gatherings of more than six people.
However, for your safety, we recommend that you focus on essential errands. We are convinced that such caution will help us to successfully overcome this second wave.
We fully support the guidelines issued by Mr. Dubé, the Health Minister and by Dr. Arruda, national public health director. Our staff members are on the job to keep making your life as enjoyable as possible while ensuring that all necessary protection is in place to preserve your health and that of your loved ones.
The main guidelines are as follows:
- Wash your hands whenever you enter or leave your apartment and do so as well during your trip, both inside and outside the residence.
- Fill in the entry register and make sure that your visitors are aware of the importance of doing so as well.
- Wear a mask or a face covering as soon as you leave your apartment.
- Maintain a two-metre (six-foot) distance wherever you go.
- Remind your loved ones that these guidelines also apply to them and make sure that they are aware of how important it is to comply!
Transmission can be avoided through prevention and early diagnosis. Identifying COVID’s symptoms can be difficult. To help you with this, we will provide you with a sheet allowing you to keep track of certain parameters such as your temperature, coughing, etc. Therefore, if one or more symptoms appear, you can quickly be seen by a member of our nursing staff and be reassured about the next steps to be taken.
- Visits are allowed in retirement homes located in an orange zone (groups of no more than six  including the resident[s], with two-metre [2-metre] distancing). Visits are suspended, however, in red zone residences.
- Family caregivers are still welcome! We ask them, however, to sign the consent form mandated by public health authorities. In a red zone, only one family caregiver is allowed in at a time.
- Some tenants rely on outside suppliers for various services such as personal care or housekeeping. Such suppliers are not allowed in red and orange zones unless there is a situation that threatens the health of the resident.
- Recreational activities are allowed in the residence subject to the “bubble” concept, meaning a maximum of six (6) people habitually carrying out an activity together.
- Housekeeping, laundry and bedding services are maintained for those who already enjoy the services and whose health might be jeopardized without them.
- The retirement home’s essential services such as the convenience store and the pharmacy are maintained as are the hairdressing services. All the above services are for the exclusive use of our residents.
- Services provided by outside suppliers such as shopping, animal-assisted therapy, etc., are forbidden in red zones as are visits in general.
The above rules represent a summary of applicable guidelines in your residence. Should you need additional information, our management team is there to give you more details on the guidelines applicable to your residence.
The focus on humanity, the quest to excel, the desire to create, these are the values behind everything we do. They are the beacons which guide us in ensuring your well-being. We will go on together and we will not lower our guard!