Red zone - Retirement Home
RESIDENT AND FAMILY INFO ON COVID-19
35th Edition – October 8, 2020
Dear Residents, Family Members and Loved Ones,
This is a reminder for you to inform your residence’s front desk of your email address as well as the email address of your loved ones so that we may forward to them all information of interest to you and to those around you.
In order to better deal with this COVID-19 spike, public health authorities, together with the Department of Health, have provided us with instructions specific to retirement homes located in red zones which do not have a particular virus-related situation such as an outbreak of one or more cases in the residence.
Here is an overview of these instructions:
- Observe a two-metre distance
- Wear a face covering
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds
- Sign the register for tracing purposes every time you exit or enter the residence.
What is Allowed or Open Within the Residence
- Leaving the residence – allowed for essential activities subject to compliance with public health guidelines
- Visits by family caregivers – allowed, one person at a time
- In-residence services (e.g. hairdressing) – allowed only for residents, subject to compliance with guidelines
- Delivery of items to residents (medication, groceries, etc.) – allowed subject to having the package left at the front desk and being disinfected
- Dining room – open, no buffet, subject to the social distancing rule and with a limited number of people
- Group activities within the residence – subject to compliance with guidelines and staying within the bubble
- Cleaning of clothing and bedding as offered by the residence – allowed
- Medication distribution and management – allowed
Not Allowed, Closed or Suspended Within the Residence
- The residence’s common areas, including the swimming pool, the spa and the gym – closed
- Visitors other than family caregivers – not allowed in the residence or on the grounds
- Pets accompanying a family caregiver – not allowed
- Outside volunteers – not allowed
- Outside workers hired by the resident (e.g. housekeeper) not allowed
- Leisure personnel hired by the residence (e.g. animal-assisted therapy) – not allowed
- Professionals hired by the resident – not allowed except for essential services. Clear with management and comply with the guidelines:
- Cleaning of the resident’s clothes by the family – not allowed
- Housekeeping in the rental units – suspended unless the resident’s safety and well-being are jeopardized
- Personal assistance services – reduce the frequency unless the resident’s safety and well-being are jeopardized
To ensure your safety and the safety of our employees, several other measures are being implemented.
- Compulsory passage of our employees through the protection zone and clothing change at the beginning and at the end of each shift
- Hand disinfection stations
- Use of personal protective equipment at all times
- Ongoing training of our employees on infection prevention and the use of protective equipment.
We completely support the guidelines issued by Mr. Dubé, the Health Minister and by Dr. Arruda, national public health director. Our staff members are on the job to keep making your life as enjoyable as possible while ensuring that all necessary protection is in place to preserve your health and that of your loved ones.
The above rules represent a summary of applicable guidelines in your residence at this time. We will keep you informed as soon as possible whenever there are changes in the public health policies. The management team is available to provide you with more details on the situation as it pertains to your residence.
We will go on together and we will not lower our guard!